Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Filming

We started filming on February 22, 2022. We were give 2 weeks for filming. We had to switch around our schedule of filming. On the first day, we wanted to get the hardest scene with the green screen out of the way. After we spoke it over with our teacher, we realized the scene would be much easier if we left the responsibility with Jeremmiah to do it at home by himself. I provided him a ring light that he could place anywhere and hold his phone to get the best shot. He filmed with an iPhone XR. The rest of our shots were filmed with an iPhone 12. We also realized that we wouldn't be able to do three more shots, the empty parking lot and the last two shots revealing me as the main character walking into school. 

I completed the two shot at home using my ring light to hold my phone at the angle I wanted. I struggled greatly with the wind and my hair. It kept covering while I was trying film. I also wanted one the shots to be more centered but I was unable to perfect it exactly how I wanted. We have yet to get a empty parking lot shot. If my group members and I can't find one by the time editing rolls around, I think our shots will still be long enough. During the days we were supposed to be filming the shots we couldn't get, it provided us more time to spread out capturing our abandoned shots. Shonna was the one who captured most of our shots. Getting those shots was very easy. We had our storyboard pulled up on Jeremmiah's phone so we know we angle and what we were capturing.

After completing the shot set by the storyboard, this allowed us to go back and decide if we wanted to keep the shot or changing an aspect about it.  Fortunately, we still planned to film Shonna's shot during the first week of shooting but she continued to forget her change of clothes required for the scene. We thankfully were able to get the shot on Tuesday of the last filming week. I brought a white paper table cloth to school for her to lay on in pajamas or comfortable clothing to demonstrate she was hurt. I suggested putting down some red liquid underneath her to suggest she's dying or hurt in the end we decided against it. we did a lot of retakes for this shot. My arms were too short to take the overhead view myself so Jeremmiah helped. We kept laughing due to the funny position Shonna was in. For the last shot, we attempted to do it at school. We need a door to open and reveal Jeremmiah's face in horror.

 Due to Jeremmiah being the opposite gender we didn't want to use the school bathrooms. He decided to take on another shot to complete at home. We decided to have the shot include movement. During pre-production we already decided that we wanted the major of the shots to be in black and white. Although we didn't stick to our original scheduling and had to overcame some errors, we still managed to finish two days before our deadline. 

Here are some blooper we took while filming


This was taken right after a school drill. We had to wait for many people of the school to return and leave the frame in order to achieve the shot we wanted. The camera also wasn't still enough for our liking.


We were scoping out how to get the shot we wanted. Jeremmiah is in the shot, and the camera isn't straight. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Production