Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Branding

 In class last week, I wish introduced to branding. Branding is a short clip or video in an opening to showcase a particular company. For my branding clip, my group and I started off by coming up with a company name. We went their many trials and errors. Our biggest issue was the name already being taken. In the end, we decided on combining the first letter our names together to make "J.A.S". Then then we discussed some adjectives we could use that described our compony. We added dark to the name because we thought it would be a adequate way to describe our thriller based compony. We each individually worked on our own branding clips, shared with the group, and decided on which one we wanted to use in our opening.

I tried to use keyword to create my opening at first. The application is only accessible on a apple device, and unfortunately my apple computer wasn't working. I then switch to PowerPoint: PowerPoint was very easy to use. It's a user-friendly editing software. I've used through out my years in school. The opening I created was too simple for my liking. I then attempted to use the application Blender. It's a very advanced editing software. It allows the creation of very professional looking openings; However, The application wasn't very user- friendly. The application did supply many tutorial for learning but they were a bit too confusing and lengthy. I then downloaded the Cute Cute Pro on my phone. I have previous experience using this app although, it had been more than a year. The transitions and other aspects come back to me very quickly. The fact that the application is very user friendly also greatly contributed. I completed my opening in about an hour. 



I chose a black background due want to keep the dark thriller mood. I though the red lettering would give it a big of a scare factor and contracting with the background. The dripping blood idea was to enforce the thriller and horror aspects to the branding. The flicking elements of dark was add to grab the attention of the viewer a bit. I thought it was suiting to do it with the words "dark" because it can flash to the darkness and back. I was advised by my teacher that the sound may have to go unless it fights in with my opening clip. Once my other group member finish, we will share our branding clips and decide which one we want to use. If mine is chosen, as a group we will make the necessary changes to better fit our project. 


During  this process, the hardest thing was finding a software that worked best for me. I studied a lot of other ones before deciding on Cute Cut Pro. Coming up with an idea and brainstorm what we wanted  our compony to represent was the most interesting part. Creating my opening at first was a bit frustrating. I had to stop and watch tutorials to know what i was doing. In the end, branding isn't one of the hardest aspect to making an opening sequence. It was nice to step back and focus on something else while filming.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Production